Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Moving On Up (but to the South Side)

This weekend my husband and I are moving to a new apartment. We are both super excited and so this week is dragging by. I cannot believe it is only Tuesday! Not to mention work is totally slow, so I think that today has been the longest. day. EVER.

However, as excited as I am to move, the actually process of moving, I'm not looking forward to so much. I love my husband. LOVE HIM! But, the last time we moved was really painful. We had one U-Haul, three small cars, and only one trip to get everything moved, because we were moving a couple of hours away. So to make sure that every single thing was packed exactly right so that nothing would shift and everything was there, he packed and unpacked and repacked the truck, for a total of 5 times. FIVE TIMES! It took us quite a few hours longer than originally planned, and I was ready to kill him, and both of us were ready to kill my mother, who must have thought she was helping by teasing him. She wasn't.

She's not invited this time. My dad, however, is. Should be interesting. At least we're not moving nearly as far this time. 5 miles down the road to be exact. So we can take as many trips down the road as needed. And, we're taking a four-day-weekend in order to get it all done. And when it is all done, we'll be in the most awesome apartment I have ever seen in real life. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home