Thursday, July 14, 2005

Vanity?

So, something happened a couple of weeks ago that made me realize just how snarky I can be for abolutely no real reason.

But I still think that I'm right.

Way back in college my big sister in my sorority was teaching me a thing or two about fashion and taking care of yourself, because with my mom who's a hippie and all and doesn't wear makeup or bras or fancy clothing, I had no idea what was cool, and what just didn't work for me. I tried, but I was failing. So one of the first things my big sis did was take me to get my eyebrows waxed. I was nervous, but figured that she knew what she was doing, so I went.

And they looked fabulous when I was done.

And I still get it done to this day, once a month, and I LOVE IT!

I'm too much of a wuss to pluck my own eyebrows. I start to every once in a while when I'm on a not spending money kick (heh...lasts about a day each time), but it hurts and I just can't get them to look as good, so I stop after a few plucks and call and make an appointment.

Well, on to what actually happened the other day. I was leaving work early, and the woman I share an office with asked me where I was going. I said "I'm going to get my eyebrows done". And she said "I guess if you have the money to throw around for things like that". And that made me mad. First of all, it's my money and none of her damn business.

Then, after that, is when the snarkiness set in. She obviously does not get her eyebrows done. Nor does she do them herself. And she needs to. She's a nice enough girl, and I like her a lot, but she could get them taken care of and she would look a lot better.

So I made a comment like this to my husband, who then said that I was being bitchy and karma nonsense and on and on. I felt bad. I felt like I should never say anything mean about any one else's appearance because who knows what karma will bring (I believe in karma unless someone is telling me that it's going to bite me in the ass).

But, I'll say things like that again. Especially when drunk and someone who's taking advantage of spandex walks by. Because that just can't be let go without snarkiness. It just can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home