Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Dilemma for this Week

It’s only Thursday, and already I’m stressing out about the weekend. You see, I’ve overbooked our apartment for Saturday night and I don’t know what to do. So, I thought I’d air out my problem online and see what kinds of solutions are suggested.

My friend (who’s getting married in August) is back in the area until after her wedding. She just recently moved back from California and will be moving to the DC area in September. So, of course, I want to see her and her fiancée as much as possible before they leave. They are going to another nearby town on Friday and then decided to come see us on Saturday and spend the night Saturday night. So, the guest room is full.

However, here’s the problem. My mom had already spoken for the guest room, as she was also going to the nearby town, but on Saturday and was going to spend the night Saturday night because she’s meeting my sister in town on Sunday. Our apartment has enough room to fit everyone if that’s exactly how the situation was going down. But, my mom threw in the curveball of my dad yesterday – he’s going to be coming down with her. So that means that someone (probably Aaron or I) would have to sleep on the couch and someone (again probably Aaron or I) would have to sleep on the floor.

Why, oh, why didn’t I just buy a pull-out sofa? I don’t know. Probably because I was broke at the time and this version was cheaper.

Anyway, my mom has now said that if my friend and her fiancée stay on Saturday that she’ll just skip the Saturday activities altogether (a big art fair that she’s dying to go to) and just come down our way on Sunday to pick up my sister. And I feel incredibly guilty.

So here’s what we’re thinking – give my friend and her fiancée the guest room, give my parents our bed, and I’ll sleep on the couch and Aaron will sleep on the floor. We also have an air mattress if we really need extra room. But, my mom probably will not agree to this. This is also the only weekend this month that my friend can come down, and she needs help with wedding stuff and is majorly stressing out about wedding stuff, so I want to be there for her.

Why does just trying to have fun and hang out with the people we care about have to be so much stress?

2 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/20/2006 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.... tough one. Is your mom saying that she'll skip it because doesn't want to put you out? Or would she be uncomfortable being there with your friend and her fiance? If she just doesn't want to put you out then I like your idea. If it's that she feels uncomfortable with your friend also being there, then there is nothing you can do but let her stay home if she wants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home