Monday, July 03, 2006

Too Much

I am sad the weekend is over, because it was such a great one, but I’m getting over my sadness due to the fact that today is my “Friday” and I have a six-day weekend starting at quitting time today. Woohoo!

However, being at work today is not all I hoped it would be. There are only five of us in today and it’s pretty silent. I thought this would be a good thing, but it turns out I’m bored and the people I usually go talk to when I’m bored are not here today. Oh, well. I just keep reminding myself: six day weekend. It helps.

One of the best parts about this weekend was all the delicious food I ate. There was spaghetti with garlic bread, Caesar salad, ice cream, grilled cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, fried eggs and hash browns, more ice cream (this time in the form of a raspberry cheesecake flurry – it may be the perfect food), and thai chicken salad (i.e. salad with chicken and peanut dressing). I was really hoping to be good today because the scale is reflecting all the fun I’m having with food, and because I’m sure it will continue on vacation. But, no such luck. Because there are so few people here today we’re getting cookies from the gourmet cookie store across the street, and who am I to turn down a free cookie? Especially a warm, chewy snickerdoodle. Mmmm…snickerdoodle.

Oh, well, after this week there won’t be any big eating events for a while, right? Wrong. Next weekend is my aunt’s big weekend-long 50th birthday party, and she always makes sure there is tons of incredible food all the time when she has a party (especially if it’s a 3-day party).

I guess I’ll be back on the healthy-eating wagon in a couple of weeks. It just doesn’t help that 1) I completely love food, pretty much all kinds, 2) I keep having the opportunity to have lots of good food, and 3) Who am I to turn down good food?

(Just a note – I’ll be gone for the next few days. Hope everyone has a great 4th!)

1 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hope you have a wonderful food filled LONG weekend - 6 days?!? Wow! Have a ton of fun! Look forward to your return!

Happy 4th to you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home