Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Working for the Weekend

I really feel like I'm only working to pass time until the next weekend lately. With the holidays coming up so quickly, I just want to be able to get all the things done that need to be done, and work seems to just be getting in the way. Here's what I have to do by this Friday/Saturday:
  • Buy presents for my husband (he's the only person I haven't bought Christmas presents for yet)
  • Finish up presents for my friends (handmade - I'd show you but I think at least one of the people whose present I'm working on reads this site - but the presents are super-cool!)
  • Bake cut-out cookies.
  • Bake jam thumbprint cookies.
  • Bake mint-chocolate kiss cookies (recipe is on the back of the package - these cookies are AWESOME)
  • Make chocolate-covered dried cherries (my husband's favorite)
  • Wrap all Christmas presents
  • Write letter for my husband for our first anniversary (this Sunday)
  • Buy a new outfit for Christmas
  • Get hair cut (which is happening tonight - I'm so excited, which I know is lame, but it's been a while and I'm bored with my hair. It's time for a change.)

Hmmm...I don't think I've left anything out, but I think that the list is long enough. I love Christmas, but I've got to learn better time-managment skills. I spend all day daydreaming about getting these things done and then when I get home I change in to my pjs, think of an excuse not to cook dinner, and do sudoku puzzles while watching tv.

It's time to get off my lazy ass and get things done.

Of course it doesn't help that all the vacation I'm scheduled to take is the week after Christmas. At least then everything will have been accomplished and I can relax.

Ha! Who am I kidding. My to-do list will probably be just as long then and I'll probably be just as busy.

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have NOTHING for my hubby bought....he is the hardest person to shop for!!

 
At 12/13/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

getting a new haircut IS something to get jazzed about. it does a world of good for the spirit.

you have a lot on your plate. this year, all i have to do is throw a dinner party for my dearest friends in town and pack for my trip to mexico. woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home