Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Confession Time

So we seem to have solved our neighbor problems. However, the route we took did not involve taking cookies down to her. Mainly because she won't actually open the door. (that's the confession part - although I did make the cookies they were served to my church group instead, so they were still for a good cause)

We found out about her not opening the door when she was being particularly obnoxiously loud one night and Aaron went downstairs to knock on her door to ask her to turn it down. She was so loud that he had to basically bang down her door to get her to come and answer it. She wouldn't open the door but did say hello from behind it. Aaron asked her to please turn down the television. She asked what a couple of times, he repeated himself a couple of times, and she said okay.

I think that her television was so loud that she didn't actually hear what he said. I assume this because nothing happened. Later that night (and I mean way later because it woke me up at 4 A.M.!) her television in her bedroom was turned up really loud.

The next evening was more of the same.

So Aaron went to the main office to complain. They checked her file and it didn't say she was hearing impaired or had any other legitimate reasons to have her tv up so damn loud we could feel the bass through the floor. So Aaron asked them to do something about it and they sent a letter.

The day she got the letter, she came upstairs, introduced herself, apologized, and hasn't been loud since.

And since she was so nice we felt horribly guilty for tattling on her to the office. But we haven't heard much from her and so we're happy.

Of course, now that I've posted this, she'll probably be up to her old ways.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 11:14 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

maybe she is hard of hearing but doesn't really know it cuz she is too busy watching loud tv? either way, no cookies wasted and problem (hopefully) solved.

:) sizz

 
At 12/07/2005 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I borrow Aaron to go an talk to my neighbours? At first I thought it was just the people upstairs that were loud, but now it seems my downstairs neighbours have joined in! And I am just too much of a wimp to go and say anything to them. At some point I guess I will have to either suck it up and talk to them, or start wearing ear plugs while I am at home. Makes watching TV interesting, but hey, at least it would be quiet! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home