Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today Sucks, Y'all
Also, more information than you probably ever wanted to know about me, so if you don't want to know, don't read this

I never, ever, ever thought I was an emotional eater until about, oh, 2 seconds ago, when I realized I had just eaten, nay, inhaled, an order of loaded potato bites (which, eh, not great) and half a turkey reuben (which, ew, gross) from Arby's followed by a bag of peanut m&m's. All because I'm completely embarrassed to tears over something stupid. (Just writing "embarrassed to tears" has made me cry again - this is really not a good day).

Okay, here's the sharing too much information part - I'm going to tell you why I'm a blubbering, eating mess.

I caused the toilet at work to overflow.

(It's okay if you laugh at me, but know you will be laughing at me, because I am so not laughing right now, but most likely will be later)

And then I had to tell the office manager, who was very nice about it, but still. EMBARRASSING! I just want to go home or crawl under a rock and die. GAH!

I already had issues with going #2 at work, but I think this experience will keep me from doing so ever again.

Right after I told her I was shaking so bad I could barely walk. I guess you could say I don't handle embarrassment well. But, I managed to walk to my office, post my "Writing, Please Knock" sign on my door so that I would have a legitimate reason to have it closed, and then call my husband who proceeded to laugh heartily at me while I started to cry. I understand. It's funny. But I'm mortified.

So yeah, then I cleaned myself up and went and got some lunch that was totally not good for me (and gross - I hate Arby's generally, why did I think today would be any different). Also, I knew that the sandwich was on light rye bread, which gives me horrible heart burn, but which I ate anyway and now I have heartburn and I'm out of rolaids. So, I only ate half of the sandwich because it was grody, and then went and got some m&m's out of the vending machine. So, I know now that embarrassment drives me to eat.

Oh, and I just realized, that to make it even worse, the really cute but totally asshole-ish building maintenance guy is going to come and have to fix it which makes me even more embarrassed, even though he doesn't know it was me that did it. I always do something stupid in front of him. GAH!

Now, if only I wasn't such a big dork that embarrasses myself all the time, I'd be set.

Hope your day is going better than mine. Wish me luck that mine doesn't get any worse.

1 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

Oh dear. I hope your day didn't get worse! I'd have to say that my day is definitely going better than yours. Toilets are unreliable! Those bastards!

Everyone has had a mortification moment. Not that that makes it any easier on you but know you aren't alone.

And hey, I didn't laugh at all reading that post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home