Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Christmas Cookies

So this weekend I am going home to bake some Christmas cookies with my mom, sister, and possibly my great-grandmother. I am very excited about this. First, I love to bake. I bake at least one thing every week (and usually only one otherwise I'd have an ass roughly 3 times the size mine is now in no time) because my husband likes to have sweets around the house. Damn him and his natural high metabolism!

Second, I love to spend time with my mom and sister. We see them a lot, but it's always fun and I always look forward to it.

Third, we'll be out of our apartment all weekend long. Two weekend ago we were there the entire weekend except one short sojourn to church. Last weekend we were there Friday night, most of Saturday night, and most of Sunday night. We did get out a little bit, but getting out usually means spending money, which we did. The only money we have to spend this weekend is gas money. Yay!

So, yeah, I'm going to my parents' house this weekend and it will be great and we will have fun.

I was hoping to get to drive my car to my parents' house this weekend, but no such luck. After only having it for, oh, just about six weeks now, the body shop just discovered (JUST!) that there are a few hoses that need to be repaired too.

I have my little sister's car (she's at school so it was just sitting at home not being used) so it's not that big of a deal I guess, but she's going to be home for Christmas break soon and I was hoping to get it back to her before then. I don't think it's going to happen. They're still working on the body repairs and have yet to finish any of the inside stuff (of which I'm sure there's much - when I put it in park after the accident? it kept going. That has got to be a bad thing).

So, in summary, cookies and parents and sister? Fun. Car? Suckage.

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun making cookies!!! I love baking with my family too! :)

 
At 12/03/2005 2:16 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i think i need to scroll back to get the full story on this car because seriously- six weeks!?!- what the?!!

have fun baking. eat a cookie for me.

:) sizz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home