Wednesday, January 25, 2006

...and What Do You Call Your Act?

Last night when I got home, there was a surprise waiting for me in our mailbox.

You see, Aaron and I recently signed up for Netflix, and our first movie was in our mailbox yesterday.

And it was "The Aristocrats". (The front page is pretty safe for work, but I'm not sure any of the links are. So be warned.)

Now, I'm not exactly a prude, but I am getting slightly more prudish with age. Maybe it's because I don't spend nearly as much time intoxicated as I did in college - things are usually funnier when you're not quite sober.

Anyway, I was simultaneously very amused and very bothered by this movie. But not so bothered that I quit watching it, just bothered that people could imagine such scenarios as those they insert into the joke.

You see, it starts out with "A man walks into a talent agency..." and then the comedians insert the most obscene acts they can think of, and then end with the punchline "The Aristocrats" when the talent agent asks what the act is called.

The dirtiest? It was a tie between the South Park guys (they did an animated version where Cartman tells the joke) and Bob Saget. Yes that Bob Saget. I've heard people speak of his vulgarity, but I never really believed it until last night. And I think that made him even funnier, you know, because it was so different from how you saw him in the Full House/America's Funniest Home Videos (which is still my FAVORITE show) days.

So, if you don't mind some bad words, and really messed up mental pictures, go rent this movie. It was hilarious, as was seeing my husband turn purple from laughing and fall off the couch.

Actually, I think that was the best part.

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i forgot about that flick. i will have to check it out. i won't believe bob saget is vulgar unless i see it with my own eyes. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home