Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Fabulous, Exciting, Thrilling Life

Ahhh...good morning. Can you smell the sarcasm the title of this post is emitting? You should be able to.

Today, I'm writing about what I do every night now that I'm a real grown up and don't have homework to do. That's right. I watch television. Aren't you jealous of how much fun I have?

But seriously, there are two shows which I would like to discuss today. One is a recent find, and one is a show that premiered last night.

The premier, of course, was American Idol. Were you watching? I only watch the first few weeks of the season every year, and half of that I watch on mute because so many of the singers are so bad! Last night was hilarious and sad, all at the same time. You have to wonder what some of these people are thinking, especially those that refuse to believe that the judges are telling them no.

Oh, and here's a spoiler, so skip this paragraph if you don't want to know what happened (which - whatever - it's not like there's much to spoil yet). What was with Paula and Randy letting in that one weird guy at the end? He could kind of sing (stress on the "kind of"), but I think he had some kind of spasm disorder. He just wouldn't stop moving. Aaron was thoroughly annoyed by him and was even more annoyed by the fact that he made it through the first round. I think the guy needs some ritalin or something. He made me a little nervous.

Anyway, the other show, which is a recent find of Aaron's and mine, is Cash Cab on the Discovery Channel. Have you caught this show? I think it's pretty fun (and will probably think so for only a few more weeks at which point I'll get bored and will have to move onto another show).

The basic premise is that a normal-looking cab is driving around NYC and when you get in, there's a loud noise and flashing lights (which is my favorite part because it never fails to surprise the crap out of the unsuspecting contestants) and the host announces that you are in the cash cab. The host/driver then asks the fares questions and awards them money until they reach their destination. Unless, of course, they get three strikes (wrong answers) at which point the driver/host stops wherever he is and kicks them out of the cab.

It's a lot of fun. And since I've now seen ever episode of Seinfeld, it fills that 6 to 7 pm block of repeats.

Wow...the life I live.

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't know why they put that one freak through??? Didn't get that one at all!

 
At 1/18/2006 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I too party like a rock star. I have at least one show that I can't miss every night, except Saturdays. How pathetic is that? I should get a hobby....

 
At 1/19/2006 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had a decent time last night. I'll try to entertain you more often.
Hubby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home