Thursday, January 19, 2006

Counting the Hours till 5pm Friday

(as of right now there are about 30 hours - unless my math totally sucks, which is a complete possibility)

Well, I had another fabulous night last night. It was actually pretty fun, if not terribly exciting. We had an amazing dinner (sirloin, sweet potatoes and asparagus - aren't you jealous?) and followed that up by watching American Idol. Then I watched Criminal Minds while letting my husband play his football game on the playstation 2.

It was a relaxing evening, which was just what I needed because I had seriously busted ass on the elliptical machine (a whole hour - go me!) after work.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, because this one promises to be a lot of fun (especially since there will be no highway driving - woohoo!). We have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow night, and then Saturday I'm making chili and having friends over to play cards.

Sunday we're doing our normal thing - avoiding church and going out to breakfast.

The avoiding church thing is getting more and more difficult, especially since our pastor called me this week.

See, there was an incident, well two really, in December. I don't really want to go into it, but I'll just say that I felt very uncomfortable both times, and the second incident made me decide that I don't want to go back to that church. Aaron is pretty indifferent to this decision - he doesn't really care if we go back because he wasn't exactly excited to be going every week in the first place. The church is failing - the congregation is tiny and old, and it's running out of money. It's sad for me to leave, because we got married there, but I feel that my time there is done.

Now the pastor wants Aaron and I to come in and talk to him about our reasons for leaving. I think this will be an uncomfortable meeting and I don't really want to go. I'm definitely not looking forward to it. I haven't sent him our availability as promised, because I'm really dreading it. I don't like putting myself in uncomfortable situations if I can avoid it, and I already gave him my reasons over the phone. He agreed that they were valid reasons, and I don't know why we can't leave it at that. He can't fix it. What's done is done.

(Sorry if this is all very cryptic, I don't want to go into details in case it gets back to someone who would be hurt by it all.)

Anyway, so as it is guaranteed that we will be successfully avoiding church this weekend - the one thing that would make it unpleasant - this should be a very pleasant weekend.

Now if only Thursday and the work-day part of Friday could pass more quickly, I would be all set.

5 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

if you already told the pastor your reasons, it sounds like him wanting you two to come in to talk to him is some sort of ruse to change your minds. go with your gut. if you are done, be done and let go of the guilt. easier said than done but...

your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. hope the next 30 hours pass swiftly for you. :)

 
At 1/19/2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron and I just changed churches and I know that our old church will be contacting us very soon wanting to know our reasons.... I am so dreeding it! Good luck with your situation! Sounds like a fun weekend! Chili and cards!! FUN!

 
At 1/19/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger JustJane said...

In almost everything I do, I ask myself, "What am I getting out of this?" Is it possitive or negative?Sounds like you already figured that out and while it is hard to leave, you have to do what is right for you and the mister. You've handled this and don't owe the pastor or anyone else a thing.

 
At 1/19/2006 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds kind of confrontational on the part of the Pastor, no?

 
At 1/21/2006 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to tell that pastor anything else. He sounds like a salesman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home