Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Return of the Car

Well, I got my car back yesterday afternoon at about 4, (it probably should have been later than that, but there was literally no one in my office, and I was having issues with sitting still, so I went early), and it's nearly perfect. They fixed everything, including the door dents that had nothing to do with the accident, so it looks better than it did before the accident. They gave us a complete listing of everything they repaired, replaced, or did other things to, and that list was almost three pages long.

It was quite a repair.

But they missed one thing. The horn. Which now sounds like you shot a cat or something. It's pathetic. But, if it's just the horn that's the problem, I can live with it. I'm just so happy to have it back.

So happy, apparently, that immediately upon falling asleep last night I had a dream about my car. Scratch that, a nightmare. I closed my eyes, drifted off, and dreamed about smashing up my car again. Stress much? Geez. It was horrible. I woke up immediately after the dream crash, heart pounding, sweating, and unable to go back to sleep for a while.

But I have it back, and it's nearly perfect, and I'm happy that I don't have to drive the piece-o-crap loaner car from the body shop any more. I celebrated this morning by popping a cd into the cd player - something I haven't been able to do since I got the loaner car about 6 weeks ago (I had borrowed my sister's car while she was at college, but then she was on break and needed it back). It was wonderful.

As for the before-and-after pictures, well, I tried. I got a roll of film out of the drawer that holds the cameras and took it to be developed last night. Aaron picked them up on his way through and when I opened them up, excited to be able to post pictures finally, there were no pictures of the car. It was the wrong roll, and we don't know where the right roll is. It is possible it went into this shoe box where rolls of film in our house go to die before ever being developed. There are probably more than 30 rolls in there just waiting to be processed. So I have about a 1 in 30 chance of getting the right roll. I think I'm going to try one roll per week until I find it. I mean, the more rolls I develop, the better chance I have that the next one will be the correct roll, right? (Yes, I am a statistics geek. Leave me alone.)

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have your car back. But you should make them fix your horn. You never know when you might need that! You know, to honk at a cute guy or something.

 
At 1/12/2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you've got your wheels back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home