Monday, January 09, 2006

Even Though Mondays Suck, This One is the Beginning of Delurking Week

First, just know this:



More on that at the end of the post.

I have to say that I am sad it is Monday today, because OMG I had a great weekend. I wasn't expecting much from the weekend before it started, but it turned out to be a blast.

Friday night Aaron surprised me by renting a copy of Spanglish on his way home. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now, so I was pretty excited. We watched it over dinner, and although I was pretty full from the yummy meatloaf I had made, when Adam Sandler made that sandwich with the egg I totally wanted one. Because, damn, that was an awesome looking sandwich.

Saturday started off kind of crappy, mostly because I was in a funk because I've been trying to do different things with this site and can never get any of the changes I'm trying for to work. Then Aaron convinced me to play Super Monkey Ball with him, which was mostly fun because I got to say "that sucks monkey balls" whenever he beat me.

Then we went out and bought the camera. As I said in the previous post, it is something that I've been wanting for quite some time. Aaron did his usual thing and researched cameras for a long time before we could go out and get one. I appreciate his work, and his research usually works to our advantage, but I'm also impatient sometimes. So it was hard to wait. And after months of research, it took only about five minutes once we got to the store to get the camera and check out. We went in with a mission, and the mission was accomplished.

I really wanted to take the camera out that night to take some pictures of my friends while we were hanging out, but since I was planning on doing some drinking, I decided it would be better if I left it at home. Aaron and I met four of our friends out at a local pub and I finally tried the pub's specialty - the strongest Long Island Iced Tea you've ever had. Seriously. They limit your intake to two per person.

I was a wimp and only had one. It was strong, yet delicious. And I was pleasantly buzzed.

Then we went bowling, and the funniest part of this weekend occurred. All because I can't drink beer (which is a post for another time).

The rest of the group got two pitchers to share, and I was thirsty, but also buzzed and lazy, so I asked Aaron to go get me a diet coke, please.

He said no.

I put on my best pouty face and said "Please?"

He said no.

I sulked.

He said "Fine. It's your turn to bowl. If you get a strike, I'll get you a coke."

So I walked up to the lane, released my ball, and by the time I turned around to give him a triumphant look, he was already halfway across the bowling alley. I totally decimated those ten pins.

It was awesome.

We hung out in the bowling alley bar for a while after that, watching sports and doing shots (which is my favorite).

Then Sunday morning we all went out to breakfast together. And after that I lazed around the house all day, napping and watching mindless movies on television.

It was a great weekend.

Finally, it's Delurking Week! So, feel free to de-lurk. Or should I say: PLEASE, de-lurk. I know there are people who visit this site every day. I see it in my stats. But only about 2 of you ever comment regularly (thanks to those who do). So yeah:







9 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me:)

 
At 1/09/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger JustJane said...

As a witness to the strike incident at the bowling alley I just got to say that it was awesome. We all laughed pretty hard. Way to go Jessie!

Molly

 
At 1/09/2006 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, I will delurk to leave a note just because it's delurking week! :)

Love your blog, read it everyday. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

Crystal

 
At 1/09/2006 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flower arrangements are a piece of cake you can do it! :)

 
At 1/09/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

oooh! i love to bowl but cannot drink long island iced teas. one time i ordered one and there was a fly floating in it. soured me on them from that moment on. :)

sounds like a particulary great weekend!

 
At 1/09/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Fraulein N said...

Happy De-Lurking Week!

 
At 1/10/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Happy de-lurking week.

Hola, I'm Isabel. Nice to meet you.

 
At 1/10/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Consider myself delurked!!! It's very nice to meet you! I enjoyed reading your blog.

 
At 1/12/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Beth Fish said...

Boo! Did I scare you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home