Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Surface and Stars from the 80s

My husband and I have one show that we watch together every week. When Alias first aired, that was our show, but then she started crying all the damn time and the plot got confusing, and by the end of the second season, we were done.

We've had shows every once in a while since then, like The Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model (he'll kill me for letting out that secret, I'm sure), and other similar shows. Now, we have a new show that we watch together every week - Surface.

It's kind of a science fiction show, but pretty fun to watch. There's these big sea monsters and a few different story lines happening around the creatures. Well, last night we were watching and there was a new character, and the actress looked pretty familiar. Then I realized who she was (at least I think it was her, because I can't seem to find any reference to her being on the show last night, but it sure looked like her): Martha Plimpton, one of my favorite stars from many 1980s movies such as Goonies and Parenthood. I haven't seen her in anything for a while, so it was fun to see her in this show.

Although, like Alias, the plot on Surface keeps getting more and more twisted, and as soon as something gets figured out, a new plot twist is introduced. I think that maybe we should stick to the more simple reality shows to watch together. Then at least the plot twists are sensational rather than confounding.

AND...if you still want to de-lurk, feel free to do so either on this post or the previous one. It's still de-lurking week.

2 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love America's Next Top Model too!

 
At 1/12/2006 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Delurking on your blog ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home