Monday, February 13, 2006

Brain: Back On-line

My brain was acting like a broken printer last week (sorry best analogy I could come up with). The "offline" button kept flashing, but it's now been fixed, thank God.

Anyway, here's a little picture of my off-brained week.

While watching the (incredibly, mind-numbingly boring) Super Bowl (hey, maybe that's what happened. I was so bored my mind went numb. I am so totally using that excuse) (sorry for all the parentheses) I kept thinking that every time I looked at the down it was second down, and gee, wasn't that weird. Then the same thing kept happening for third downs after halftime. It was when I thought to myself "I cannot believe they are going for this on the fourth down" that I realized what the problem was. I was looking at the part of the little box on the screen that told me what quarter it was, not what down it was.

And, I'm an idiot.

Then a lot of other stupid-Jessie-tricks ensued that I can't quite remember from my cold-medicine-induced haze.

Then on Thursday afternoon I was driving down the street when I saw a sign advertising that a certain store had 12-inch subs. Which then struck me as weird since the store was the "House of Car Stereos" but whatever, maybe they needed extra business, or maybe someone was a good sandwich maker or something. Who knows. Weirder things have happened. Then I kept reading down the sign to where it said "$79".

At this point, most people would have realized what was really going on. But I thought to myself "Good gracious, who would pay $79 dollars for a sandwich".

Wait a beat

Then it hit me. 12-inch SUBWOOFERS.

Got it.

I am SUCH an idiot.

Of course, then I called my husband to tell him of my stupid-trick-o-the-day. He about fell out of his chair.

Thankfully, my brain is back to work today. The cold is gone and I am thinking (mostly) clearly now. Except, you know, for that time, this morning, when I totally walked into a wall.

I am a total idiot sometimes. At least no one was around to witness that one (but I am the dork who just told everyone about it anyway).

2 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call those moments brain farts...and I have them quite often! Glad your feeling better!

 
At 2/14/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i walk into walls all the time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home