Thursday, July 20, 2006

What'd you say?

Okay, problem from the last post solved - since my friend is going back to our hometown, she's just taking my sister with her and my mom can do whatever she wants without having to worry about it. Thank goodness!Anyway, since that post was boring, and now solved, I thought I'd share a funny anecdote from last night.

Aaron and I both seem to have the problem that many married couples do - we sometimes aren't listening to each other. Case in point from last night:

Him: What are we having for dinner?

Me: Pasta and salad.

Him: Is there any sauce on he pasta?

Me: Yes. It's tortellini with spinach and walnut pesto. I think I'm throwing in some grape tomatoes too.

Him: That sounds good.

So, I make the pasta, call him to eat and we enjoy the meal while watching "Grandma's Boy" (which I totally recommend - very funny). After the movie he's starting to clean up in the kitchen and gets a concerned look on his face.

Him: How much basil did you have to use to make this? The plants must be bare.

Me: Um, none.

Him: None? Oh! It's spinach?

Me: Yes. It's called spinach/walnut pesto That's why I asked you if you thought that was about five ounces of spinach.

Him: There's walnuts in it too?

Me: (big sigh) Yes. That's why I call it spinach and walnut pesto. Because it has both spinach and walnuts in it.

Him: Oh. Well, it's a good use of spinach.

Me: Yes (while leaving the room because I can't take it any more)

I know he's not the only one who doesn't fully listen, because I've caught myself doing the same from time to time.

But seriously? It didn't even taste like basil. I think he just heard pesto, and left it at that.

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I will ask Butch a question and sit and wait for an answer from him. After a long pause, I will either ask the question again or I will just ask if he heard me. He almost always says, "I said Yes" or whatever the answer is. He must think the answer in his head and never verbalize it. :)

(I also commented on The Dilemma for this Week post and then found the solution here so I deleted the other suggestion. Glad it worked out!)

Thanks for the suggestion on the books. I am checking them out this afternoon. :)

 
At 7/20/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

that is pretty darn funny.

 
At 7/21/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Usually I'll give Jeff two tried to answer any question or respond to any comment. After that I just do this annoying thing where I talk for him and carry on a whole conversation being both him and me. It usually gets the point across.

Spinach Walnut Pesto tortellini sounds good. Any chance I could get the recipe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home