Thursday, November 02, 2006

Excitement

So, I mentioned yesterday that November is my "birthday month". As such, we've been talking gifts lately. My birthday gift from Aaron is this very computer I'm typing on right now. Yes, I know, I got it months ago. That was so that I got a present outside the less-than-one-month birthday-anniversary-Christmas extravaganza I have every year. My mom's present to me is a coat that I'd been eyeing. She bought it a few weeks ago, but I don't get it until closer to my birthday. I'm very excited about the coat, and I adore this computer, but there is one birthday present/event that I'm looking forward to more than any other.

I know I've mentioned at least once how much I love macaroni and cheese, and that for two years of my very young life, that's just about all I ate. I still love it but don't eat it nearly as often, and now am more picky about the type I eat. I'm no longer a Kraft Dinner kind of girl, but prefer the homemade type. I'll also try just about any variation. That's a good thing since, for a birthday treat, we're going to the Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula Great Macaroni and Cheese Bake-Off, which takes place the weekend after Thanksgiving. We bought tickets yesterday. So I get to eat all kinds of gourmet versions of macaroni and cheese, and not only that, I get to do it in Traverse City, one of my favorite places on this great earth. And there's wine pairings with each of the dishes. AND! It was only $15 per ticket for this event.

I think I may die and go to heaven that day. Actually, given the activity and location, I think I'll be in heaven without having to deal with the dying part. I'm just really, overly excited about some noodles and cheese.

6 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

you could clog an artery or two. ;) sounds like a lot of fun! (not the clogging)

 
At 11/02/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

The Great Macaroni and Cheese Bake-Off? Can I come??

That sounds like heaven, right there: macaroni and wine.

I need to eat some REAL macaroni and cheese for a change. I've been settling for Lean Cuisine's frozen version for far too long, and my butt hasn't gotten any smaller. So I think I will start treating myself to the real thing!

 
At 11/02/2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love macaroni and cheese more than I could ever say. I am sooo jealous of your trip to macaroni heaven!

 
At 11/02/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Nat said...

With the "birthday month" reference and the mac-and-cheese fetish I'd think you were my wife... honey, is that you?

 
At 11/02/2006 7:41 PM, Blogger kat said...

i'm laughing so hard because i blogged about macaroni & cheese today too...scary!

 
At 11/05/2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is the most jealous I have ever been.
I might hate you a little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home