Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo

Well, y'all, it's the first day of National Blog Posting Month (otherwise known as NaBloPoMo), which means that this is the first of 30 days where I'll be posting every day. Really, though? I'm looking forward to reading a lot of my favorite bloggers who will now be posting every day. There's a list of those participating at the link above, and there are a lot of us participating.

So, in honor of NaBloPoMo, I thought of some ideas that would give me posting material for every day, but decided against all of them for various reasons. But! They do make for a fun blog post today! So, one down, 29 to go.

My Top Five Rejected Post Ideas for NaBloPoMo

1. A year-by-year biography of my life. Well, I thought this would be fun, but then I realized that there were some years where nothing happened (I really don't remember years 8 through 10), some years that I'd rather not remember, let alone write about, and a bunch of stuff that is more interesting that happened before I was even born.

2. A room-by-room picture diary of my apartment. This was kind of one of those things like the meme "What's in my refrigerator" that I've seen various people do. I fell asleep while I was planning this one out, so I decided if it put me to sleep I didn't need to do that to you guys too.

3. Short biographies of the important people in my life. Um, yeah. I don't have a lot of friends, so this would only take up about 9 days and that's if I really stretch it.

4. A Pictorial Series of What I Ate for Dinner. Yeah, that sounds a little too much like "What I Had for Lunch", and we all know no one cares about that.

5. Things I'm putting "On Notice". I don't have something I put on notice every day, so this wouldn't work. (However, today: Husband - You're about to be on notice. No more waking up late, taking long showers, and using all the hot water. At least you made coffee, because otherwise? Yeah, big trouble buddy.) I'm generally a pretty satisfied person, so I maybe have about 3 or 4 things to put on notice per month, unless it's a really bad month, and I'm hoping this is a great month. It is my birthday month* so it has to be good, right?

*Term made up solely to annoy my husband. For uses such as "You have to be nice to me, it's my birthday month", or "I think we should go out to dinner. I need to be spoiled, because, after all, it is my birthday month". I really don't care that it's my birthday month, it's just fun to pick on him like that.

7 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Nat said...

Advice:

- Keep it short-- a bunch of satirical haikus would be just the ting.

- Figure out how to use the Mail-To-Blog feature of Blogger.com, and stockpile a couple of throwaway articles in the draft folder of your email account for days when you don't feel like writing.

Good luck, this comment will self destruct....

Pappy's Fella

 
At 11/01/2006 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've got something with a couple of those ideas. Maybe not the lunch one, but I like the biography by year. Maybe you could think of one significant thing per year and tell us a story about it.
Good luck!

 
At 11/01/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I am SO EXCITED about NaBloPoMo! It's like Christmas in the blogosphere!

(I'm not officially participating, though, because me + deadlines = disaster)

But I am so excited about the prospect of all this great reading material!

(btw - My husband hoardes the hot water, too. I don't understand how someone who doesn't even use conditioner can take longer than me to shower!)

 
At 11/01/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

whatever it takes to make bloggers post daily, i am all for it. oddly enough, i didn't join but do this already. i'm so unhip.

:) s

 
At 11/01/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

Sounds like a great way to keep yourself motivated to post. Good luck.

 
At 11/01/2006 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear about the interesting things that happened before you were born.

 
At 11/01/2006 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Month! I have a Birthday Month coming up soon, I hope Pookie is prepared. I'm glad I found you again, after I lost ALL my bookmarks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home