Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Work Work and more Work (and PAIN)

It's been a while since I posted. I didn't die, I was just snowed in by work. Writing surveys, writing reports and creating forms, as well as house work - vacuuming, washing floors, cooking, more cleaning etc. The life of an actual adult never ends.

This weekend was a lot of fun, when I was not doing the house work, but it was also very painful.

See, I had this great idea this past Thursday. I'm trying to get in shape and lose some more weight, so I decided it would be a good idea to do the Abs and Glutes class at my gym.

Not such a good idea.

I think the instructor's name was actually Satan. She was that horribly mean!

Thursday, immediately following the class (which I left 15 minutes early), I felt like the bones in my legs had been replaced by Jell-0(TM). I could barely move and didn't get off the couch all night except to move to my bed.

Friday, I couldn't stand up or sit down. Once I was in one of those positions it was fine, but actually transitioning from one to the other was damn near impossible. My legs were in a LOT of pain. A. LOT. And, for some reason, my knees were deciding to give out slightly at random causing me to start to tip over. My husband thought this was hilarious (thanks for laughing, dear).

Saturday, my abs joined the fun so it hurt to do anything. Even laugh or cry, which I was alternating between. My husband was sick of sitting around so we went out and did a few things. We went to dinner, I went to a movie with a friend while he drank beer with his friends, and then we went bowling. Correction, he went bowling, I watched him and our friends bowl. Excitement!

Sunday, I was feeling better until we went to church. All that standing and sitting, repeated ad nauseum, was killing me. But after that it wasn't too bad.

And today, finally feeling like myself again. Except I'm going to work out after work. I will, however, be avoiding the instructor that is satan at all costs.

Someone remind me of this the next time I have the bright idea to work harder than I should at getting in shape!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home