Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fun with Flu Season

I think I’m getting a cold. A bunch of people I work with are sick and so of course I’m getting it. Blah.

I’ve had a sore throat the past two evenings and one girl here said that is how she felt last Friday and Saturday. So I definitely think I’m getting a cold. I am, however, trying to get over it by getting plenty of rest (read: skipping my workouts this week) so that I can go to a Halloween party on Saturday night.

I’m always sick for fun things.

Last Christmas? Sick.
Two days after Christmas? Fine.
On the way to New Year’s Eve Party? Iffy.
At New Year’s Eve Party? Kill me now! My throat is on fire!
Fourth of July? Sick.
Labor Day Weekend? Puke-ish.

So why would I expect this weekend to be any better?

Want to know what makes it worse? My best friend here in town has mono. She’s the one who picked me up and took me home and sat with me after my car accident last Friday. If I get mono? That will really suck.

I’m hoping I don’t get mono. Luckily mono usually spreads through things like sharing drinks and kissing. We didn’t do either, so that’s working for me.

I think I’m going to go home and take some vitamin C with an orange juice chaser.

Then I’m going to lay on the couch and claim “resting to help fight off sickness” instead of “lazy”.

1 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I was the only one who got sick on all the major, and not so major holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home