Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Vacation Picture Journal

Friday morning at 7 am, we started our long trek up to Marquette, MI to visit my brother. Midland, where we started from is at the blue arrow. Marquette, our destination is at the red arrow near the top of the picture. So in other words, we went really freaking far north for the weekend.



At about 1 pm we finally reached Lake Superior. That's us by the shore, feeling to check the temperature of the water. It was really freaking cold.

Our next stop along the way was Sable Falls, which was absolutely beautiful. It was about 200 steps down to the falls and then 200 steps back to the car, so my calves were a little sore the next day. The view, however, was totally worth it.

Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore was the final stop before we got to Marquette.

Once we got to Marquette, the majority of our time was spent playing with my brother's new kitten. Her name is Skye and she is adorable, but possessed. She would be playing and then fall asleep in the middle of playing and then wake up 10 minutes later and promptly bite you and jump away. Completely adorable of course.

We also did a little hiking around Presque Isle on Saturday. It was a gorgeous if not windy day. There were big waves on the lake and we even saw some brave souls out surfing. My mom didn't send me those pictures yet, but I will upload them when she does.


We also ate a lot of good food (including a yummy U.P. Pastie - if you've never had one, find one and try it. They're awesome!), visited a lot with my brother and his fiance, hiked some more, and played our favorite game a few times. We finally left on Sunday at about one and Aaron and I made it home at about 9:30 Sunday night. It was a good and beautiful, but exhausting, weekend. Feel free to look at the complete set of vacation photos I have at Flickr (click the Flickr banner on the right side of the page).

I'll leave you with one of my favorite fall things in Michigan. The beautiful fall colors.


P.S. Sorry if the formatting is all messed up on this post. I'm fighting with Blogger right now and it's winning. Looks like I'll have to start looking into Typepad or something soon.

UPDATE: I think I finally got the formatting fixed. Thank Goodness. That only took me like 2 hours of fighting with the formating to finally fix it.

3 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/19/2005 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post is going to make me cry, too. I miss Michigan so much! What the heck am I doing here?

 
At 10/19/2005 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, love, love.... I wouldn't live anywhere else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home