Friday, October 07, 2005

The Concert Report

Well, I'm back and actually awake which is surprising because I was up WAY past my bedtime last night. The concert was AMAZING and a ton of fun. I can't hear today because my ears are ringing loudly, but it was totally worth it.

When we first got to the venue we looked around and realized we were in the "older" crowd for this concert. We joked about how we were there with a bunch of 10-year-olds. Then we sat down and a bunch of girls who were literally 10 years old sat down in front of us. Then we got to talking about how these girls may not have been born or were at the very most still in diapers when these bands first came onto the scene. But, we were far from the oldest in the crowd, so it wasn't too bad.

The Kaiser Chiefs opened and they were not bad. The music was good, the singer was right on key and he was fun, but the rest of the band kind of stood there. It was a good performance music-wise, but otherwise it was kind of boring.

Weezer, was, in a word, SPECTACULAR. They were so good and so fun and they played about 4 songs from their first album along with a ton of other songs. Only about 2 that were probably from their newest album, but I've only heard the one song so that was fine with me. They also did a cover of the Foo Fighters' "Big Me" which was really good. It was just a great show. Their performance alone made this the best concert I've ever seen.

The Foo Fighters were also awesome. I'm a huge Dave Grohl fan, so I was thrilled to be in the same place as he was. He was funny, and a complete rock star, and LOUD. He's the reason I can no longer hear. He announced at the beginning of the concert that he loves to scream. Um, yeah. He does. But he's Dave Grohl, so I still love him. I even still love him after he told us that he had spent half the day on the toilet because of some mini tacos and jager-bombs he'd had the night before (he was much more graphic than that, but my tender sensibilities prevent me from retyping what he actually said). He has an awesome voice, is an awesome guitar player, and funny. It was a true rock concert from he and the rest of the guys in the band. Taylor also sang a song, and he was pretty good too.

All in all it was a great night, and I had a lot of fun. Even my husband, who is not a big fan of going to concerts had a great time. There was only one truly weird person in the whole crowd that I saw (very different from my experience at the Bryan Adams/Def Leppard concert). I just hope that I can hear in time for the wedding we're going to tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky....... i couldn't find a babysitter so i missed the concert,cry, cry....

 
At 10/07/2005 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see Foo Fighters some day....glad you had fun! :)

 
At 10/07/2005 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh, i LOVE dave grohl.

so. jealous.

 
At 10/08/2005 1:36 AM, Blogger Milf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/08/2005 12:22 PM, Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

That's funny. I've seen the Foo Fighters 3 times, and each time Dave Grohl (who I love love love too) told us about his, um, elimination problems. IBS much? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home