Monday, October 31, 2005

Getting close to another year older...

And hopefully another year wiser.

There is currently less than a month left until my birthday. I am, as usual, not looking forward to the aging part, but I am looking forward to the cake and dinner out and movie part. (Yes, I am one of those annoying people that has a "birthday month" and then a "birthday week". I exploit my birthday as much as possible as to get in as much spoiling of myself as I can.)

The plans are: Dinner at PF Changs (the one time of year I get to eat there with my husband because he doesn't like it and will only acquiesce for my birthday), new Harry Potter movie on IMAX (also another concession from my husband due to it being my birthday) and an ice cream cake (YUM!).

I was reflecting yesterday on the things that have happened since my birthday last year. I got married, I graduated from grad school, I became a true professional (I don't count my crappy, less-than-a-year employment pre-grad school) and I moved. It's been a big year, and I'm looking forward to the new year starting.

In other, non-birthday related news, I called the auto body shop today and my car is fixable! I'm excited about this because I wasn't looking forward to having to finance a new car if it wasn't fixable. Also, this car was my first car that was truly mine and I'm sort of in love with it. It's cute, fast and has all the features I wanted. I would never convince my husband to let me buy something like it now. It was a true splurge and I'm not looking forward to the day I have to get something different.

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 7:58 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i like to have a month of birthday too!

 
At 11/01/2005 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your going to be able to get your car fixed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home