Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Convo

Well, honestly, we really didn't have the conversation last night. We had something like it, but not exactly how I had planned. Here's the evening, in two acts.

Act One: The Restaurant

We went to a restaurant we've been wanting to try for a while. It was fabulous! So fabulous, in fact, that the conversation when mostly like this:

Me: How's your salmon?
Him: It's awesome!
M: Great.
H: How's your soup?
M: It's awesome!
H: Awesome.
M: This pie is sooooo good.
H: This beer is the best I've ever had.
M: Argh...it was so good I ate too much.
H: Me too.
Waiter: Did you save room for a 2nd dessert? (he really thought he was being funny)
M & H: Definitely not. Check please!

Act Two: Home, in bed.

We got home and were too full to move much, so we figured we'd cut out the step of moving from the couch to the bed and went directly to bed.

Him: I'm so glad everything's all set with your job. It's nice not to have to worry about money too much.
Me: Yeah, it really is nice. Now we don't have to decide between beer and food. We can get both!
H: And now we can work toward the things we really want. Here are my priorities in order (yes, he really did say that): One, get the credit cards paid off, two, buy a house, three, have a baby.
M: (turning slightly red and embarrassed to look at him for some reason) So we have to have a house before we have a baby?
H: Well, that's open for discussion, I guess.
M: Do you know what would be perfect? If we get pregnant less than 9 months before we buy a house so that I can't lift anything and therefore can't help with the moving process. (I HATE MOVING! And, I don't care if that makes me lazy. I'll unpack. I'll even pack. It's just the carrying things to the car and from the car that makes me crazy. Especially since it always seems to be 90 degrees outside when we move.)
H: Then we better get on it.
M: We're going to be able to buy a house in 9 months?
H: I think so.

The End

That really was the end of the conversation. Because the commercial break ended at that point. I think I may be addicted to tv, which is not good. So yes, the results of the conversation are that we are going to have to start looking for houses and we'll start trying to have a baby within the next nine months. So nothing definite, but definitely more information than I had earlier. I'm going to have to start taking my pre-natal vitamins just in case.

Yay!

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! That when rather well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home