Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Baby FEVER!

My husband and I have this theory about babies. God made babies cute so that you want one. If they were ugly little troll-like things no one would ever want one. Same thing for puppies and kittens. If you knew you had to clean up after something that was not cute you'd be less likely to want one.

Well, unfortunately there are a lot of cute babies out there right now (such as Amalah's and Sundry's), and other people, (like Miss Zoot and Bethiclaus), are on their way to having their own very cute babies. So now, I want one. Well, okay, not RIGHT now, but soon. Probably sooner than my husband thinks.

So, now I'm trying to figure out how to approach the subject of a baby with my husband.

I could lay it on pretty thick with the hints - you know, wear a shirt like Britney's "MILF in Training", get a subscription to Parenting, start knitting baby booties, etc. I'm sure he'd really enjoy that one. He'd probably get the hint if I actually went all crazy like that.

(And then he'd slowly back away until he was out of my line of sight and then run for the hills, because he'd wonder what happened to his normally totally sane wife.)

However, I'm not one for getting all crazy like that (although I did point out wedding magazines at the store frequently when I was trying to get him to propose). When I want something I'm usually much more direct in my approach.

So I think I may just flat-out tell him that I'm thinking that I might want a baby and that I think we should set a time for when we get to start trying to make one instead of just practicing to try.

(Although, if he just wants to keep practicing for a while, I guess that's fine. I do like the practicing.)

I think I'll do it over drinks tonight, and of course, I will post later to tell you how it went.

This should be an interesting evening.

1 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how it went!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home