Monday, October 03, 2005

Black Saturday

(Apologies to all of you non-fans-of-football out there ahead of time. This will most likely be a boring post for you.)

Saturday, the day I was looking forward to all last week, turned out to be a very sad day.

You see, the Spartans lost to the Wolverines, and in my household that's a big deal. MSU (the Spartans) is my alma mater, while my husband grew up in Ann Arbor (home to U of M - the Wolverines). So MSU/U of M game day is a big day in the Ca household. Bragging rights are won that day (usually by him) but this year I thought I had a chance.

MSU had a perfect record going into this game, and U of M had seen a very disappointing loss to a team we later beat. So all was hopeful going into this game day.

The topic of the game is now forbidden in my house due to much bragging on my husband's part. He's grounded from mentioning it, because he really over-did it. He keeps telling me it was a good game, and that I should be proud. But what he's really saying is, it doesn't matter anyway because YOU LOST!

At least MSU practically owns basketball here. At least we have that.

1 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby and I are going through the same thing:) Gotta love football!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home