Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Neighborly?

We have a new delimma. Or, I should say, my husband does.

This past summer we moved into a new apartment complex, and it's really nice and exactly what we wanted. The entire building is non-smoking. There are quiet hours (from 10 pm to 8 am) which we love because noise was a real problem in our last place. Our neighbors are mostly elderly or professionals, so they're quiet and not there often. Perfection. When we first moved in a retired couple lived downstairs from us and they were awesome - really friendly and deaf - which meant they couldn't hear us, and we never heard them (except for some bathroom issues which I'd rather not discuss because old men with digestive issues = ew, but he couldn't control that I guess)

We have new neighbors that moved into the apartment below ours this past weekend. As far as I've seen (which isn't much) it's two African American women from Alaska. My husband said hello to them when he was out the other day, but I have yet to see/meet them.

The first night they were there, Aaron said "Well, they have a baby" because he heard crying coming from downstairs. But, you could only hear it in the living room, so it wasn't bothering me.

Yesterday evening you could hear their television. Loudly. In fact, Aaron had to turn up our television to hear over theirs. I was in the bedroom again, so I didn't hear it, and I was asleep before 10 pm so I didn't know if it continued after quiet hours started.

It did. And it did again this morning before 8 am.

So what do we do? I'd hate to be the annoying neighbor and say something because the possibility exists that they can also hear us (like I said the previous tenants were pretty deaf and they never complained, but who knows). Anyway, it's not really bothering me, but it's really bothering Aaron. A lot. He thinks he's going to go say something tonight if it continues.

I may make some cookies for him to take down if he does. That way the goodness and the crappiness of us being complaining but baking neighbors equals out.

Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 6:32 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

cookies will cushion the blow of the truth. cookies help everything! well, except dieters.

 
At 11/08/2005 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there an apartment or condo association you can talk to?

 
At 11/10/2005 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godd luck. The cookies sound like a good plan.

 
At 11/10/2005 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree....cookies sound good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home