Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Stupid work...Expecting me to be here every day...geez

So, last night was one of those perfect nights that you wish would never end. After work I actually made it to the gym (it had been a week and a half) and once I got started I had the motivation to keep going, so I actually got a really good work out.

I went home and put on some Jack Johnson and started on dinner - Penne with Vodka Sauce. It was amazing and it didn't take that long to make. We cracked open a bottle of our favorite wine (Ravenswood Zinfandel) and it was an exceptional bottle. We slowly ate dinner at the dinner table while listening to Dave Matthews and sharing pleasant and intelligent conversation.

After dinner, I retired to a bubble bath with my second glass of wine and the book I am currently reading. This was the first time I've taken a bath at our new place and the bathtub kept the water warm for the entire time I laid there. I read for about 30 minutes and then got out, put on my most comfortable pajamas and snuggled onto the couch where Aaron was reading his magazine. We read for a while longer and then went to bed to cuddle and watch tv. We fell asleep early and cuddled all night long.

All in all, it was an amazing night, save for the midnight phone call with no one on the other end (grrr). It was hard to wake up this morning, and even harder to leave the house. I love evenings like that, and they make it hard to ever want to move in case you might ruin the perfection of what has happened.

Here's hoping tonight is more of the same.

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 6:10 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

sounds like a slice of bliss pie. :)

 
At 11/02/2005 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. GOD I am jealous of your evening. Sounds so so so so so wonderful! My fiance and I are living apart right now, and that is pretty much sucking... wine, pajamas, a bath, your husband, cooking - you hit all the high notes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home