Tuesday, December 20, 2005

One of my True Loves

One of my true loves (besides my sweet, handsome husband, of course) is baking.

I LOVE to bake. And? The holiday season is the perfect excuse to bake ginormous amounts of food. So far this season I have made:
  1. My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe is on foodtv.com)
  2. Northwest Pecan Treats (sort of like Pecan Pie but in bar form)
  3. Birds Nests - 2 batches actually (these are jam filled thumbprint cookies)
  4. Peppermint Thumbprint cookies
  5. Rugelach
  6. Brown Sugar Spritz
  7. Regular Fudge (I know, not really baking, but still fun)
  8. Peanut Butter Fudge
  9. Sugar Cookies
  10. Dark Chocolate covered Dried Cherries; and
  11. Magical Mint Kiss Cookies

I am also baking a little for Christmas day. I am making a Turtle Tart for my mother-in-law and a Buche de Noel for my husband (but taking it to my parents' house so the poor guy will probably only get one slice).

I guess you could say, I've been pretty busy. But a tasty kind of busy, because DAMN all these things taste good. I've taken to working out just about every day so that I can still indulge in these treats. I would totally bake more, but my husband has cut me off. This is my limit I guess.

(Whatever - there has to be something I can bake for New Years Day, and Valentines day is only a couple of months away. I always make heart-shaped sugar cookies then.)

The best part about all of this baking though? I really don't eat much of it. Maybe a cookie a day. I love to see other people enjoy what I've made much more than I actually enjoy eating it myself. I kind of get burned out on them quickly, so as much as I'm worried about my diet? I really don't have to be.

(Although now that I've written about it here, I totally want a big piece of fudge).

2 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

damn. now i am hungry. ;)

 
At 12/22/2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I will call you Betty Crocker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home