Thursday, January 05, 2006

That Time of Year

We have reached that time of year when I am sick of winter.

And this winter is a weird one, so I wasn't expecting the winter blahs to be here so soon. So far this winter, it was about 70 until just before Thanksgiving when the temperature dropped to the mid-20s and it snowed so as to make holiday travel a nightmare. It continued to snow until the week before Christmas when it started to rain and all the snow melted just in time for us to have a not-so-white Christmas. It has been raining and in the low-to-mid 40s since then until today when it started to snow a little more, even though it is 35 degrees out, and none of the snow is sticking.

So yeah, the weather sucks! And I'm sure it's only going to get worse as it turns colder again this week.

I'm starting to feel a lack of energy because it's just so damn grey outside all the damn time. I'll continue feeling like I should hibernate until mid-February when it's time for me to go absolutely freaking stir crazy and I break out the pastel in an attempt to make spring come just a little faster.

The thing about winter, however, is that if I didn't have it, I'd miss it. I love it until about the end of December, and then I'm done. The holidays are over, so the crappy weather should end too, am I right? I'm sure it would be a little different if I were into winter sports, but me + skis (or some other weird apparatus strapped to my feet) = hospital trip, and I don't think my insurance would like me to have any more emergency room visits right now (so far, there have been 2 in the past year for accidental injury).

So, what I'm saying is, I don't do winter sports.

It is also that time of year when I crave chocolate like the world supply is going to run out and so I have to get it all in while I can. Something about the feel-good aspects of it I guess.

If I were able to hibernate, I most likely would until about mid-March. It sounds like a good idea to me, especially since football and baseball are over for a while. Unfortunately, I'd also miss out on a lot of fun we have planned in the next few months.

I guess I'll just tough it out until spring.

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michigan is Great for Crappy Winter Slush Weather....that is what I like to call it. In years past I would go tanning this time of the year just to help with the winter blahhhss, I know who you feel :)

 
At 1/05/2006 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....how you feel not who you feel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home