Thursday, March 16, 2006

Another Post About Television

Damn, I really need to get a life. I still can't get over the whole school-night syndrome though, so if it's a school night I'm at home, and what else is there to do after all the chores are done (ha! Who am I kidding? I plop down on the sofa as soon as I get home from work/working out.) but sit my butt down and watch that soul-sucking box?

Well, last night I was excited to get everything done that I needed to around the house (cooked dinner, finished a book, shamed Aaron into doing the dishes, etc.) so that at eight o'clock I could sit down and watch America's Next Top Model. It was the makeover show (one of my favorites of the season) and I couldn't wait to see all the new looks. Plus Aaron and I bet on who will be kicked off next.

Yes, we're lame, and we embrace our lameness. What? You're never lame? Don't judge us.

So yes, we were ready for the show. I turn on the television, change the channel to UPN, and what do I see? I basketball game.

More specifically a basketball game that's not even half over.

Are you kidding me? You have to be kidding me, right? Isn't that what ESPN is for?

Not only that, but the cable company has recently been messing with my channels, so whereas we used to have two UPN channels, we now only have one. Although the TV Guide channel still shows that we have two, so when I was watching it to see if maybe ANTM would be on after the end of the Pistons Game, it showed that if they hadn't messed with my channels, I could have been watching ANTM at that very moment.

I was beyond pissed off. Aaron, being the ever-enthusiastic sports fan that he is, was not upset. I mean, there was a basketball game on. Who could that hurt?

Me.

Then I realized that I was being ridiculous about a stupid tv show and that I should get over myself. So I sent myself to bed early, finished the last chapter of my book, watched the American Idol results show (which, sorry - tangent here - what the hell was up with the bottom three, and why were Bucky and "Chicken Little" not in it with Melissa? I don't get how America votes for people. Maybe I should listen to my own, often-doled-out advice, and since I didn't vote I shouldn't bitch.) and then went to sleep.

But I'm still a little angry about not getting to watch my show. Of course, I already went on the ANTM website and totally ruined the surprise of what everybody looks like now and who got kicked off. But there's still the catfights and other drama that I'm looking forward to when the re-run is on next Tuesday.

And it sure as hell better not be pre-empted for a sporting event. Because then? There will be hell to pay.

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i hate when sports interrupt my reality TV watching.

you gotta vote! ;)

 
At 3/16/2006 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Local UPN stations suck with the preempting.

It's a JOKE that Kevin Corvais is still on this show.

 
At 3/16/2006 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go through phases with my TV watching and I definitely watch more TV when Jeff is in town. He's been gone since last Sunday and that was the only night of TV I have watched all week - Sopranos, baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home