Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Back At It

Well, after sleeping most of yesterday I've decided that one sick day was enough and I'm back at work feeling much better (except for the fresh scrape on my knee from biting it in the parking lot this morning). It was a nice, relaxing day at home which seems to have helped a lot.

I've decided something though. Television for television's sake is not much fun if you're not using it to procrastinate. Just watching tv without a specific show in mind has gotten boring now that I'm not in school and avoiding finishing my homework, which is what I did through most of my masters program. Undergrad too. Lifetime movies just don't suck me in like they used to.

And did you know that instead of the normal two hours of Unsolved Mysteries in the middle of the day on Lifetime, now they're only playing 30 minutes? I was sorely disappointed. I woke up specifically at noon to watch it, and was greeted by Fraiser instead. Not bad, but not what I was looking forward to watching.

During undergrad I always had a break between 12 and 2, so I would come home, eat lunch, and fall asleep on the couch watching Law and Order re-runs. They've even pushed back Law and Order during the day to 3 and put Charmed and Judging Amy in its old timeslot.

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed in the daytime television offerings and slept instead. It was much more entertaining.

4 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was quite annoyed to learn that TLC has cut down the number of Wedding Story and Baby Story for A Makeover Story and A Dating Story. I hate those two! Give me weddings and babies, especially when I am sick and feeling sorry for myself and need a good cry.

 
At 3/15/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

day time TV sucks so bad it is almost not so much fun to stay home sick. :)

 
At 3/15/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger B said...

yay for feeling better!

 
At 3/15/2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No Dr. Phil? I always try to catch at least part of that one because it just kills me that he thinks he's so damn cool.
Glad you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home