Wednesday, April 26, 2006

That's Much Better

I got another full night of sleep last night. Halleluia! And this time I didn't even take a sleeping pill. Yesterday evening was wonderful, and after a full night of sleep today isn't looking half bad either.

One thing I really, absolutely love about Aaron is how he pampers me when I'm having a hard time. And it's not like he does big, sweeping gestures - he's just nice to me and does a handful of little things that make everything better. Like a delicious dinner that he made that was vegetarian because he noticed how much meat I had on the menu this week and knows that I like to have a few days when I don't eat meat. Or when I sit up in bed because I can't get comfortable and he rubs my back and shoulders. And his smile. It's just such a happy smile that lights up his whole face and I can't help but smile when I see it. Then, since he knows I fall asleep better when he's there, he laid down with me while I was falling asleep even though he had some things to take care of before he went to bed.

I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm glad I did. That's one of my favorite parts of marriage. I do the same kinds of things for him when he's down or when I can just sense that he needs it. We take care of each other, and it's wonderful.

He's going on a business trip in a few weeks and he'll be gone for almost a whole week, and I am going to miss him so much its ridiculous. Luckily his birthday is right before he goes away so I get to pamper him a little before he goes.

Sorry for the randomness today. I know it's not exactly the most cohesive post I've ever written, but I'm happy and needed to express it. The small things in life really do make a difference, and plenty of sleep and the actions of a loving husband have filled me with joy.

UPDATED: To make today even better: 2 full hours of America's Next Top Model tonight. The first hour is a new episode, and the second hour is a season recap with previously unseen footage. I may just be in heaven. (And no, I don't know why I love this show so much, but I just do.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home