Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oops...Let out a bit too much of the Crazy

Sorry about the whining complaining post yesterday afternoon. When I wrote that I was just about to lose my shit over my ear issue, which just goes to show that I should never be allowed on Web MD or any such site, because damn. It really brings out the crazy in me.

I had been reading about inner ear infections which can, apparently, lead to permanent (or temporary) deafness. And since some of the symptoms match what I'm dealing with, I was freaking the hell out. The fun thing about the Web MD brand of crazy is that it infects my husband too when I tell him about what I read. Now he thinks I'm going to go deaf too. So, we've decided it's time for me to schedule an appointment with an ENT doctor and get this figured out. Because I'm a worse-case-scenario kind of person when it comes to my health, I think that the ENT person will immediately tell me that I need tubes in my ears and then, surgery here I come.

Yeah, the whole thing really freaks me out. A lot.

Also, we're trying to figure out how to block me from all health-related sites so that I don't do this to us again, because while my husband can deal with me having a case of the crazies, he can't deal with himself having them too.

2 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

if you can figure out how to block yourself from Web MD tell me cuz i would really like to find a way to block myself from reading old lover's blogs. :)

 
At 4/14/2006 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the internet can be a very bad thing. I have had ear/nose/throat issues my entire life and had tubes in my ears from the time I was 10 months old. It sucks, I know.
Hope you feel better and figure out what's wrong soon. One thing that really seems to help me is Allegra-D. Keeping everything dry is key.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home