Monday, April 17, 2006

Oh, what a weekend

I am so sad (yet again) that it's Monday. We had yet another fantastic weekend, although we didn't do either of the two things we had planned.

Friday night I left work early and worked out. When Aaron got home (early too, surprise!) we decided to go out to our favorite dive steakhouse for dinner, and then went to see "Thank You for Smoking" afterward. Dinner was wonderful, and I ate so much that I didn't think I'd ever be able to eat again. I was that full. Plus I had a raspberry margarita that was incredible, so I was feeling happy and a little giddy when we got to the theatre.

The movie was really funny and Aaron and I both enjoyed it very much. Aaron is typically a loud laugher, so much so that sometimes at movies people will laugh at his laugh. It's contagious. Well, at the movie the guy sitting in front of us was a louder laugher than Aaron. They'd both start laughing at a scene and then the rest of the fairly full theatre would start to laugh along with them. I think it may have made the movie even more enjoyable, if that's even possible. I suggest you go out and see it if you haven't yet.

There was one thing I didn't like though - the couple that brought their young daughter to the movie. There are some scenes in the movie that are highly inappropriate for kids, and I know that I wouldn't want any child of mine to see that movie until they were at least old enough to see R-rated movies. Maybe I'm just more of a prude than I think I am, but I don't think a 7-year-old girl should be watching semi-graphic sex scenes.

Anyway, hopping back off my soapbox, with the fullness and the alcohol running through my system, once we got home I wasn't up for much other than sitting around. It was a beautiful evening and so we sat out on our balcony and reminisced about childhood summers while watching the stars come out.

As usual, on Saturday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn, so we decided to do something instead of lounge around in bed. We got up and got ready and then headed to a park a little north of us for a hike. The trail we chose was a bit more challenging than we're used to, and even though it was shorter than our usual hikes we were exhausted by the time we were done. We ran a few errands and then went home and lounged for the afternoon.

Saturday night we decided to relive one of our favorite things from early in our relationship - "ghetto night". I know it may not be P.C. to call it this, but whatever. I went out and rented video games, "Roadhouse" and bought Aaron a 40 and me some wine coolers. Okay, so maybe it was more "redneck" night than "ghetto" night. Let it be known that I should never be allowed to rent video games because I came home with two of the most boring games I have ever played. It was really sad. So we turned those off and put in "Roadhouse" because I had never seen it before. It may have been so exciting that I fell asleep about half way through. Just maybe. I did finish it yesterday though.

Yesterday was a nice, relaxing day once again. Since we're going north to see our families next weekend, we decided to stay in town this weekend (gas prices are killing us and our travel plans!). I made a big brunch - scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, hashbrowns and cinnamon rolls - and then we cleaned our apartment from stem to stern. I love that clean house smell!

We also planned meals for the week and went grocery shopping. I know I'm a dork for this, but this is one of my favorite things to do. I tried a new recipe from the latest Gourmet (shrimp scampi = delicious!) and we watched our usual Sunday night line-up of shows.

So, yes, it was a completely fabulous weekend and I'm sad it's over, as usual. Next weekend is going to be a busy one - my future sister-in-law's wedding shower is on Saturday in my home town and then we're driving over to my in-law's house on Sunday - so I'm glad we had a chance to have a more laid-back weekend and time to spend together before this week. I really, really love weekends.

5 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha...Roadhouse. The most cliche movie ever! Including lines such as "This town isn't big enough for the both of us." and "A woman that smart shouldn't be allowed to have an ass that looks that good." Hee hee.

 
At 4/17/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Paige said...

LOL, sounds like a great weekend!

 
At 4/17/2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome. I live for the weekends too. And it sounds like you had the perfect balance of staying home/going out, doing chores/relaxing.

 
At 4/17/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

with weekends like that, i understand why you love them so much!

 
At 4/17/2006 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous - sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home