Friday, April 14, 2006

Fantastic Friday

I know, I know, it's really "Good Friday" but since we have recently defected from our church and have yet to find another one, we are without religion this holiday weekend.

So of course we have great big plans, like everyone else, right? Um, yeah. We're staying home and I'm making brunch. For the two of us. Also, I'll probably buy too much candy for just the two of us.

Since we have such big plans, I asked Aaron if there was anything he wanted to do this weekend, since most of our friends will be out of town. He came up with "going to the driving range", so that adds about 30 minutes of fun to our obviously jam-packed weekend. I think we might go see V for Vendetta too. Whatever we do, it has to be more exciting than last night was depressing, because last night was depressing and I need to get away from that.

The night started out fabulously enough. I managed to drag my ass to the gym and get in a good workout, and Aaron came home with red wine and cheesecake, therefore negating the good workout. Plus he made spaghetti, and his version is delicious, so I was in heaven. Until we decided to watch a movie.

Have you seen "Million Dollar Baby"? I hadn't until last night. If you haven't I won't spoil it for you, but at the end of the movie I was a crying, sniffling mess. I think Aaron may have wiped away a tear or two, but when I told him it was okay to cry, he said he'd rather wait and get it over with when I fell asleep. It was that sad. I was still crying about fifteen minutes after the movie ended.

Also, was that Leila Ali who played the last boxer she fought? We were just wondering.

So, yes, this should be a fun weekend. Hopefully we can come up with something better to do other than stuff our face with Cadbury Eggs. Wait - is there anything better than stuffing your face with Cadbury Eggs? There might not be. Those things are awesome. Happy Easter everyone!

5 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Zombie Jesus Day! It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend, hope you guys enjoy it!

 
At 4/14/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Second to the Cadbury eggs are the Mini-eggs. Mmmm. Crunchy chocolate-y goodness.

I really want to see "Million Dollar Baby."

 
At 4/14/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i have already blown my "diet" because of those mini reese's peanut butter cups that were on sale and taunting me at the check out line. damn them!

that movie ruined me for a good hour. great film, very sad though.

happy weekend!

 
At 4/14/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Yeah, no big plans for the weekend here either.

Oh wait...I'm freakin' having a baby!!

Happy Easter. And have fun at the range and the movie.

 
At 4/14/2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome movie, I saw it on our flight to England last summer - we traveled with a bunch of high school boys and it was hard to hide the tears from them.

Hope you all have a happy easter - we have a weekend filled with soccer but no easter eggs hunts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home