Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Busy, Busy, and ACK! Busier

So yesterday turned out to be a very bad day for reasons I can't really go into, but suffice it to say that I'm blogging before work because I don't have time to do it at work for a while. I'm glad to be busy, but also kind of sad that I won't have time to post or read other blogs at work for the foreseeable future. Thankfully I will have time once I get home because I think I'd go through major withdrawal if I weren't able to read the blogs I normally read.

To make it worse, I'd like to head into work late this morning because there's less than .1 mile visibility out there due to fog, but I don't think that's a possibility. I hate driving in fog and just to make my phobia worse, I'm sure, last year there was a 200 car accident because of fog on the freeway that runs right behind my office. That was a horrible day - people were driving too fast for the conditions and then they'd come up on previous accidents before they could stop. Two people died (one less than 1/2 a mile from my office) and both were young men - one grade school aged and one college aged. The whole thing was a huge mess and it took more than a day for the police to open the freeway again.

Although, I worry more about Aaron than I worry about myself. I only have a short commute to the office - about 10 minutes down country roads. Aaron on the other hand works about 45 minutes away from here and he has to take two different freeways to get there. He thinks I'm a bit of a nag when I tell him to drive safe and to call me when he gets there, but I think it's just my wifely duty to worry about him until I know he's safe and sound.

So yes, I have a very busy time ahead of me and to make it even more stressful/exciting some changes may be afoot. At least I hope they will be.

1 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate. Fog. A lot.

I hope whatever is sucking stops it very soon. In the meantime, please be careful driving in that fog(husbands aren't the only ones who need nagging).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home