Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hips Don’t Lie Ho-Down

It’s amazing the things Aaron and I can come up with to amuse ourselves sometimes. Case in point? This past weekend we had an impromptu “Hips Don’t Lie” Ho-Down.

See, it all started when we were talking about the discussion that had happened the previous weekend when someone brought up Shakira. All the men and lesbians in the room (there were plenty of both) talked for about twenty minutes about how amazing she was when she was moving her hips. Then the women made fun of it and tried to do the hip movements, but failed miserably. Aaron was laughing about this, and so I told him to try, if he thought it was so easy. But he insisted that he needed to hear the song in order to do the dance. So I thought I’d sing it for him:

“Oh, My hips don’t lie...”

And apparently it sounded a little country, so he doubled over laughing instead of doing the dance. Then we made up a little country western version of the song and had ourselves a “Hips Don’t Lie” Ho-down, which really ended up with us first dancing a bit, but then both lying on the floor doubled over with laughter because neither one of us can honestly do the dance. We told our friends that were visiting later that day about it, but they didn’t think it was nearly as funny as we did. Weirdos.
___________________________________________________

Here’s a sure way to get me to kill you, especially if said with an evil little grin on your face:

Him: Gah. Why isn’t it Friday yet? I really wish it were Friday!

Me: Me too….Hey wait a second, you’re taking tomorrow off, so this is your Friday! Shut Up!

Him: I know, but I feel bad for you, because you have to work tomorrow.

Me: **walks away to avoid killing him**

2 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

walk away. just. walk. away. :)

 
At 7/29/2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I can relate -- I'll run out after Dave gets home from work to grab a few things and when I get home he'll be like, "Thank GOD you're home!" Um, dude? I'm with the kids ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. I was gone for forty minutes. Deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home