Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happily Exhausted, Part Deux

You wouldn't think that spending the day eating macaroni and cheese and sampling over 25 different wines would tire you out, but it really does. It could have been the hours waiting in line at the five different wineries that really wore us out the most. Also all the wine. I'm nursing a little hair of the dog currently because I haven't felt quite right all day.

Anyway, since I'm pretty out of it today, here are some pictures from our little day trip and from my birthday celebration (which consisted of eating some cake - pretty exciting) today.

Here we are outside Chateau Chantal. I'm holding my other birthday present, my new coat, and now that I look at it, I realize I really need a haircut. My hair apparently grows really fast.

Here's a closeup of some of the grapes still on the vine. We couldn't decide if these were just left behind to rot or if they'll be used to make ice wine.

Aaron found a useful holding-place for his wine tasting tickets. We were given five tasting tickets per winery and there were five wineries. Thank goodness we brought along my little sister as a designated driver because the rest of us were pretty well-pickled by the end of the day.

Here we are, waiting in one of the many lines we stood in that day. I think we all would have had an even better time if it had been better organized. As it was we spent most of the day packed in tight with about a thousand strangers. Did I ever mention my huge personal space bubble? Yeah. It was totally violated yesterday, numerous times.

Here's Aaron, hamming it up after our last stop. I think he was ready to head home, just like the rest of us. It was a long day. Despite the incredible macaronis, and there were a few that were incredible, we were exhausted and starting to get loopy and just a little crabby.


And here I am today, blowing out the (27) candles on my birthday cake. It was a butter cake with cream cheese frosting. That's what happens when my mom is in charge of picking out the cake (she knows I like white cake) and Aaron is in charge of picking out the frosting (he knows I love cream cheese frosting). It was surprisingly better than I expected. My actual birthday isn't until Wednesday, when I'm making Aaron take me out to my favorite restaurant, which happens to be the same restaurant where we had our wedding reception. I can't wait.

Also, I really need to look into getting that haircut.

2 Comments:

At 11/27/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Okay, you guys are the most adorable couple, ever! Your husband is such a cutie - how can you ever stay mad at him? Seems like it would be tough.

And a butter cake with cream cheese frosting? Yes, please. Yum!

 
At 11/27/2006 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty good day! Of course you have to run this through the filter of a pregnant woman who hasn't had a drink since last August... getting a bit loopy sounds really good to me right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home