Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mmmm....Food....

**Insert Homer Simpson-like drooling noise here**

I am really, seriously ready for all the food that's headed our way tomorrow, and am having a major craving for a piece of pumpkin pie due to my pumpkin spice latte this morning (delicious!). I'm also making an apple pie with a streusel topping, and am craving that too. I guess you could say that I'm happy Thanksgiving is falling during the worst part of my PMS, because Thanksgiving dinner is hormonal-eating heaven.

My mom is bringing one of my favorite dishes - cornbread stuffing. It's cornbread with onions, celery, sausage, some spices, and lots and lots of butter. I could eat a whole pot of it all by myself. Stuffing of any kind (except any kind that has been stuffed into the turkey) is my favorite Thanksgiving food.

My second-favorite Thanksgiving food is one we're not having this year - Pecan Pie. I promised Aaron an apple pie, and my mom is bringing her pumpkin pie, and I figured that 2 pies was more than enough for 8 people. I do have all the ingredients for a pecan pie though, just in case I change my mind.

The other day I wrote about how I was a little scared of Aaron due to the major (awesome!) wedgie I had given him. He had forgotten all about it until Monday night, when we were laying in bed.

"Hey," he said, "I still haven't gotten you back for that wedgie."

"I baked you chocolate chip oatmeal walnut cookies," I replied.

"Okay. Even."

In our house? Food trumps almost anything.

4 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Yeah, you don't want to wedgie the woman who feeds you!

I got off scot-free on the baking front this Thanksgiving. I'll be showing-up to my MIL's house with a few bottle of wine, and that's all. I would bake something, but she always cooks for an army, and I know it will just be more leftovers to haul home. My husband is making us take a cooler as it is, in anticipation of all the food she'll send us home with!

 
At 11/22/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

Sound like you're all set to be a wonderful host tomororw. Enjoy!

 
At 11/22/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

pecan PIIIIIIIIIIIE!

 
At 11/22/2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a major pumpkin pie fan. My Thanksgiving is always at my English friends' house and they never serve it. But they do serve roasted chestnuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home