Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yes, I'm Sometimes an Idiot

Last night was one of those times. (Well, if not an idiot, at least I felt like a giant dork)

We were having tacos for dinner. In an ever-ongoing effort to make everything from scratch, I found a recipe for taco seasoning and decided to try it last night. I printed out the recipe and headed to the spice rack.

1st ingredient: 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder.

I barely had 1.

Oops. Should have checked that. I pondered what to do. Should I fudge the recipe and hope it works? Should I make the pizza I have planned for tomorrow night? Should I talk Aaron into taking me out to dinner? I was torn. I couldn't decide.

So I waited for Aaron to get home to ask what he wanted to do about this. We decided to halve the recipe since we were using ground turkey in our tacos, and maybe the meat wouldn't need that much flavor. So I mixed together half of each of the required spices.

As soon as I had finished putting this recipe together, Aaron looked over at the "Taco Dinner Kit" I had purchased, and said, "You dork! Look!"

There was totally a taco seasoning packet in the kit.

I am a dork.

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Sounds exactly like something I would do.

We have three bottles of pancake syrup in the fridge, because I kept forgetting that I'd already purchased it. And I only make pancakes about once a month, anyway.

I think I win biggest idiot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home