Five for Friday
I have a busy Friday ahead of me, so here are five things on my mind this Friday morning.
1. Thanksgiving just got possibly even more interesting. My mom called me last night to ask if it was okay if her friend came and ate dinner with us, because otherwise she was going to be all alone for the holiday. I, like my mom, take in "strays" regularly - anyone who needs a place to be is welcome at my place. Well, I really like this friend, and I've known her my whole life, but she is a little, um, out there. She's a radical pot-smoking lesbian, to be frank. And remember how I said yesterday that my brother-in-law and his wife are super religious? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they'll have enough tact to keep their mouths shut whatever they may think about my mom's friend, but I'm also a little nervous. I'm even more nervous because my mom's friend can be a little loud-mouthed, and sometimes offensive. This should be really interesting.
2. I wish America's Next Top Model was on two times a week and lasted two times as long. I am just too addicted to this show. I was really worried about CariDee getting voted off last week, but thank goodness, she's still on, because I really want her to win. I think she's has the most potential and is the nicest (*ahem - Melrose, niceness helps - ahem*) girl on the show. But it's really hard to wait for next Wednesday to find out what happens.
3. I told Aaron that I would have a surprise for him when he got home from work today. He was really excited and wanted to know what it was, but I wouldn't even give him so much as a hint. (And if he were smart he'd read this website and find out what it is, but he never reads so I'm feeling safe.) He said earlier this week that he really wanted to rent the movie "Cars" this weekend, so that's what I'm planning on doing on my lunch break so I can have it for him when he gets home. (Yes, we're dorks who like animated kid flicks. What of it?) Now I realize that maybe I shouldn't have gotten his hopes up. I'm betting the video store won't have any copies in when I go to rent it.
4. I'm really digging the Holiday flavors of coffee creamers that are out right now. My favorites so far are Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha, but there's also eggnog, holiday spice (gingerbread), and caramel praline. Mmmm...so good.
5. I have an entire mountain of laundry to do this weekend on top of scrubbing my house from top to bottom. Sounds like a fun weekend, no?