Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I love Sundays when we are just lazy and enjoying the day. That's exactly what today is. Well, okay, that's almost what today is. I'm in a pissy mood, with no clue as to why, but I am, and so I'm trying hard to enjoy the day but am failing pretty miserably.

In my attempts to do some fun things today I have:

1. Attempted making baked beans from scratch for the first time ever. They smell delicious, but I have no idea what the two of us are going to do with that many beans.

2. Gone looking for houses for sale in the neighborhood where we would like to move. Some are listed for much more than we expected, others are just about right. There's a couple that I would buy in a heartbeat if we were ready to move right away, but, alas, we must wait until our lease is up at the end of June. At least that gives us more time to save toward a big down payment. Unfortunately many of the houses I love will probably be off the market by that time.

3. Finally tried a Take 5 McFlurry. I am a huge fan Take 5 candy bars, any kind of softserve blended with candy kind of treat, and caramel sauce. I saw a long time ago that McDonald's had this treat on their menu, but have been able to resist it. Then I won a free McFlurry during the Monopoly game time this year, so I thought I'd finally try it. The McFlurry did not live up to my expectations at all. I am feeling disappointed about this.

4. Taken a long bubble bath and started a new book. This has been the best part of the day so far, but I had to get out after about 45 minutes when the water started to get cold.

Sorry if I'm being a downer. I feel like my moodiness is coming through in my words. I have no idea what has crawled up my butt lately, but I've been moody and apt to cry at any moment. It's not PMS - it's the wrong time of month for that - so I have no idea. I think I'm going to go stir my beans and then go lie in bed for a little while. Here's hoping I snap out of it soon.

5 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a full moon, sister, because I'm feeling it too.

Have a cocktail. That's my plan.

 
At 11/05/2006 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the phrase "I think I'm going to go stir my beans" cracked me up. I have no idea why, but it's funny.

I'm sorry the McFlurry disappointed you -- I hate it when that happens!

Don't worry about being a little down, it happens to the best of us. Just use the time to treat yourself to some pampering; I think the bubble bath was definitely a step in the right direction. I hope you wake up feeling way better tomorrow!

 
At 11/06/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

We spend a portion of nearly every weekend cruising our favorite neighborhood to see what's on the market (although most of it is, unfortunately, ridiculously out of our price range).

Things might still be on the market some time from now...it really is a buyer's market, and sales have slowed way down pretty much everywhere. A lot of our favorite listings have been around for months now. We're hoping to maybe make a purchase in the winter, when sellers are desperate!

Sorry to hear you're in a funk. The occasional McFlurry should help. ;)

 
At 11/06/2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait! There is a Take 5 McFlurry??? Take 5 is my favorite candy bar! But I guess I don't go to McD's enough or it's regional so I haven't heard of it. Sad to hear it was not so good.

Hope your beans turned out and your mood improved!

 
At 11/07/2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Eris said...

It is the damn daylight savings swtich. The hour change makes the whole northern hemisphere moody. You'll be okay. You just need more home made scones... (mmmmmmm)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home