Friday, November 03, 2006

If Nasty Thoughts Could Kill...

I'd have a dead neighbor right now. Given that she has no friends in the area though, it might be a while before someone would find her, and so she'd probably start smelling up the building, and I don't want that, so I guess it's a good thing nasty thoughts can't kill.

Seriously though? I feel like I'm dead. Our neighbor downstairs kept me up almost all night. Then I woke up early. I'm ready for a nap already and it's not even 9 am yet.

Let me set the scene for you: Aaron and I had fallen asleep watching some Law & Order iteration (I think it was SVU). Now, if I fall asleep with the television on I usually wake up about 90 minutes later and have to turn it off. Aaron had the remote on his side of the bed, so I poked him to have him turn it off, thinking that's what woke me up. He rolled over and turned it off. And it got louder in our bedroom.

Being asleep, tv off = louder did not exactly compute for either of us. About a minute later Aaron got up and looked out the blinds.

"Do you see anything?" I asked.

"No. What's going on?" he replied. "Where is that noise coming from?"

"I think it's the bitch downstairs." (Oops, shouldn't have said that. That's mean. Oh, well. At that point she was being a bitch.)

"Well, let's just drown it out."

So he turned the television back on and promptly fell back asleep. Lucky. I did not fall back asleep. I dozed off, but woke up repeatedly until about 3 o'clock.

What was the noise she was making, you ask? Oh, YELLING AND LAUGHING. All night long. It's not like she's a college-aged kid that I would expect this out of. She's a middle-aged, religious, full-time-job-working woman. Who apparently likes to be really freaking loud.

This is not the first time we've had problems with her loudness. On many a night we can turn our television to TNT, turn off the sound, and still hear every word clearly from her television set. That part annoys Aaron more than it does me. I'm not in need of quiet at that time, so what do I care that she's being loud?

But this middle of the night crap? If it happens again I'm calling the leasing office on her. Again. Two more times and she's out. I'd feel bad if I weren't so damn tired right now.

Unfortunately, I'm also a big yellow-bellied wuss, and so it won't happen. But it's nice to dream.

Dream.....

God, I need some sleep.

5 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

you have every right to complain about her. and that doesn't make you a bitch. it's an on-going problem. if it were just a one time fluke thing, then that'd be over-doing it but it isn't!

 
At 11/03/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an upstairs neighbor once who had very loud sex every Sunday and Wednesday nights. So loud that it would wake me from a sound sleep and send my dog into fits of shaking and whimpering. I didn't know what to do - how do you go talk to someone about that? I finally did go talk to the office people about it and it got better somewhat, but not entirely. I always wondered what they said to her.....

 
At 11/03/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Ugh, I feel your pain. What is it with apartment construction these days? I have lived in old apartments where you couldn't hear a thing from your neighbors. These days they build them like drywall card houses. It is really annoying!

 
At 11/03/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Our neighbor's dogs barked all summer long when she left them outside for work. I had just had a baby and was so delirious with deperation that my baby would SLEEP that I might have threatened to kill her dogs once. To her face. Which isn't exactly normal for me, but THOSE DARN HORMONES!

We haven't really spoken too much since then.

Found you through the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. Good luck!

 
At 11/03/2006 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH man. My closest neighbors are 15 acres over. If I lived next door you'd talk about me being "That crazy who screams all the time!" ha! We are loud. We'd never make it in an apartment setting. When my kids were younger (and sometimes still do) complain about living so far out. My daughter told me once "I want to live in an aparment and have friends knock on my door to play."

Get some sleep. Call the Leasing Office. It's not right!
Great blog. First time here. I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home