Sunday, November 12, 2006

Turkey Day

I've been thinking about Thanksgiving this afternoon for three big reasons, these reasons being; one, it's only eleven days away; two, I'm hosting Thanksgiving for my family this year; and three, we brought the electric roaster home from my parents' house today, and it will be sitting off to the side of my living room for the next eleven days.

All that being said, do you think that the following list comprises too much food for 5 (possibly seven) people?

What I'm Serving for Thanksgiving Dinner
Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Two kinds of Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Casserole
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie

What do you think? Do you think I'll have enough food, or is this way too much? Did I forget anything important?

I usually make about double the food I need whenever I host a dinner. What can I say, I like to make sure everyone has everything they need. I also think that I may not be cooking for a week following Thanksgiving, since we'll have a ton of leftovers, and I'm okay with that.

4 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dinner! The only thing I would think would be missing would be some sort of sweet potato dish (althought not the kind with the marshmallows!) but if your family isn't into sweet potatoes, then you have it all.

So, what time do we eat? :-)

 
At 11/12/2006 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is one of the kinds of stuffing going to be oyster stuffing?

If so can I come?

 
At 11/13/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never have too much food on thanksgiving. Anything you have leftover is just going to make the most awesome turkey and mashed potato grilled cheese sandwiches you've ever had.

 
At 11/13/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I'm another sweet potato casserole fan, so I'd include that, too. Although, it sounds like you already have plenty! Always better to err on the side of making too much, because like you said, it just saves you from cooking later in the week.

(And, omg, I seriously didn't realize Thanksgiving was only ten days away until I read this! Good thing I'm not cooking...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home