Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back to the Daily Grind

Well, even though I'm not exactly back to a healthy state, I am back at work today. I have a meeting with the executive director of our organization today so I figured calling in sick might be a bad idea. I also feel like napping at my desk, but as someone else here recently got in trouble for doing so on a regular basis (which I think is pretty funny, as well as much deserved, because seriously, this person was sleeping at their desk on a daily basis), that's probably not a good idea either.

I woke up at 2:30 a.m. on the dot for the second night in a row, but actually managed to go back to sleep this time. If my insomnia starts up again I don't know what I'll do. I don't deal with being tired very well, especially during this stressful time of year.

I was planning on doing a step class tonight, but, given the fact that my equilibrium is a little off due to incredibly clogged sinuses, I'm thinking that might not be the best idea. Wouldn't want to scare the class again by falling off the step. I think that might be the second best way to freak everyone out, topped only by almost passing out. I'm just hoping this sinus issue doesn't end up becoming an infection because that's the last thing I want to deal with right now.

Speaking of my gym, there's this couple that recently joined that is kind of annoying me. They're both incredibly beautiful, but that's not the issue. The issue is that every time one of them changes machines or leaves the room they kiss each other goodbye. Now, Aaron and I are pretty demonstrative about our affection for each other, but we try to keep it to a minimum when out in public, especially in places where it's not appropriate (as Aaron puts it, "There's no kissing in baseball" meaning no making out at the ballpark). Romantic restaurant = appropriate place for some kissing. Sweaty gym = ew get off me you sweaty freak. I don't know why these two annoy me so much, but seriously, they need to get a room. Especially since I'm usually on the next machine over from where they're doing the kissing.

On a completely unrelated subject, this past weekend when I was at my parents' house I picked up East of Eden by John Steinbeck as something to read before bed, and I am totally falling in love with this book. I usually am not big on the classics (save for a few I love, such as To Kill a Mockingbird, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and The Great Gatsby - seriously: love) but this one is really good so far. Granted, I'm only a few chapters in, but holy cow can that man paint a picture with his words.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Oh god, do I ever need to catch-up on the classics! I will confess to Cliff Notes-ing it through one too many classes... I also LOVED Gatsby, so maybe I'll try East of Eden.

And ew! ew! ew! about the PDA gym couple. Normal people don't behave that way IN A GYM. I think they must either be a brand new couple or they are very insecure about their relationship and feel the need to demonstrate their love at every opportunity. Maybe one of them recently revealed an on-going affair, and they stop by the gym post-couples counseling appointment? They are fresh from a lecture on "rekindling the flame"? You could write a whole sordid backstory behind these weirdos.

 
At 11/15/2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

East of Eden is a good book. Nothing is as good as To Kill A Mockingbird. But East of Eden is good too. The 5 people you meet in heaven is a good book for future reference.

Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home