Wednesday, December 27, 2006

TGCIO

(Thank God Christmas is Over - at least the celebrating, loud, tiring part)

It was, if you couldn't tell, a loud, tiring weekend. I had a great time, but was glad yesterday to be able to sit in my apartment and enjoy the total silence and not have someone pulling me somewhere to do something. But, it really was great - we had a lot of fun with my brother and his wife, we got to see my great-grandmother who has been in the hospital lately because of a bad fall and she was looking great, and everyone was happy the entire weekend.

My favorite gifts were an aquamarine necklace from Aaron (to match my engagement ring) and an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid from my parents. We're having home-made ice cream for New Years, and I can't wait.

I'm back at work right now, and it's 8:30 and I'm still the only one here. It's quiet and I should go so I can get some things done before everyone comes in and gets chatty. I hope you all had a holiday that was at least as happy and wonderful as mine!

4 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Nice place you have here...
I was thinking you could probably make the Eggs Ole' as a three egg omelet.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At 12/27/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Yeah, it's funny how there's such a build-up to Christmas, and then once the actual day passes, everything's suddenly so (blissfully) low key.

And what kind of ice cream are you making? Sounds delicious! I've never tried making ice cream myself, but one of these days I want to. My grandmother makes the best homemade peppermint ice cream for Christmas.

 
At 12/27/2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

home made ice cream is the BEST!!!!

 
At 12/27/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

I share your "TGCIO" sentiment. I took today off work and am almost looking forward (gasp!) to going back to work tomorrow and resuming the routine. Sounds like you got some great gifts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home