Friday, December 15, 2006

Blog Crush Day!

OMG! I almost forgot that today is Blog Crush Day!

I have many blog crushes, too many to name for Blog Crush day. I feel I would be breaking the rules if I named all of them, and it was hard to narrow it down to just one, but I managed to figure out my most major blog crush. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, because there are many people who I read every day and my day wouldn't be the same without them (Kelley, Audrey, Sizzle, and TB, I'm looking at you, just to name a few!)

My most major blog crush is on Deb from Smitten Kitchen. I have a huge blog crush on her because she lives the life I would love to live, save for the broken collarbone, because, ouch! She lives in NYC, has access to all kinds of exotic ingredients, cooks wonderful food all the time, and seems to have all kinds of dinner parties to go to, which I never have, and so basically I have a blog crush on her because I'm jealous.

But whatever, she cooks good food and posts beautiful pictures of it, which in turn inspires me to cook good food more regularly. Oh, yeah, the pictures! She takes much better, more appetizing, pictures of food than I do. Basically, I would like to meet her, and then have her cook me dinner. I would cook her dinner, but am afraid that I would not cook up to her standards.

Deb! You rock! I would totally want to be your friend if I lived in New York, and you weren't scared of people who are slightly stalkerish due to your wonderful web site. Just slightly, though. I promise.

3 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Whoops, I had no idea it was Blog Crush Day; I'm out-of-the-loop!

Thanks for the mention - that's such a compliment! I love stopping by here every day. You're one of those awesome gals that I would totally awkwardly ask out on a Starbucks "date" if you lived nearby. But we can still have an internet romance, right? ;)

 
At 12/16/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute are you? While I can assure you that nothing is as fabulous as it sounds when you sum it up in thrice-weekly sound bites, you give me a holler if you're ever in NYC. But not to cook me dinner, though you can bring me some of those chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars, my goodness.

 
At 12/18/2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the honorable mention! It's especially nice coming from you since I so admire your cooking skills and you are the ONLY person I know who can make the cold and snowy north sound and look appealing to me :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home