Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Preparation

Well, now that all of the anniversary nonsense is out of the way (although I do have to say, it was the best one yet, and I'll leave it at that), I can tell you about all my holiday preparations. This past weekend I baked up a storm. Just to whet your appetite, I made:

Rugelach,
Birds Nest Cookies,
Magical Mint Kiss Cookies,
and,
Lime Crinkles

I also made chocolate/peanut butter fudge, baked a key lime pie (thanks TB! It was amazingly delicious!), got about 80% of my Christmas shopping done, and wrote out all of our Christmas cards. It was quite the productive weekend, if I do say so myself.

Actually, I kind of feel worn out just writing about it, so I think I'm going to call this a post and leave you with just one more anniversary related thing. Look what Aaron surprised me with last night:


Isn't he the sweetest?

4 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That all looks fantastic! Do you think maybe you might share recipes? Especially for the mint kiss cookies and the lime crinkles? Pretty pretty please?

I have to admit I'm a little jealous about the key lime pie. That's only my favoritest dessert ever in the history of dessert.

Happy anniversary yesterday! Those roses are beautiful!

 
At 12/19/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Awww, those pink roses are gorgeous! Aaron sounds like a sweetheart.

And I am so impressed with your baking! You've got some pretty serious confectionary skills with those cookies. (Last night I ate pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough without even baking it. That's how awesome I am in the kitchen!)

 
At 12/19/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

those flowers are beautiful. :)

and you WERE productive! good for you. i bought my last gift last night and it feels sooooo good to be done.

 
At 12/19/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

Happy (belated) anniversary. Those goodies all look so tasty. It's a good thing I live in another state or I might raid your stash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home