Thursday, August 04, 2005

About Me

Here are some things about me. You know, just in case you were interested.

I was born in Columbus, Ohio in 1979. I lived there fore the first two years of my life, at which time my mom and I moved to Michigan. For most of my life I told people I was from Ohio. Then I realized, I've lived (as of now) 92% of my life in Michigan. So really, I'm from Michigan and I used to be a big fat liar. (And yes, I'm a big geek who figured out the percentage of my life spent living here. I love statistics and percentages.)

I was going to be named Jessie whether I was a boy or girl. Not Jessica if I was a girl (which people assume is my name and call me all the time, IT'S NOT MY NAME!). This was my biological father's idea and he died two weeks after they found out my mom was pregnant with me, so my mom went with it.

My mom married my step-dad (who I consider to be my dad. He's wonderful) when I was 2 1/2, and he's done a great job raising me, if I do say so myself. He and my husband get along great. I'm very happy about that.

I got married in December of 2004. My husband and I met in early 2001. Here's how we met (it's sort of sweet). I was home from college for a semester (long story) and I had to get a job. In high school I had spent just about every free evening at the local coffee shop, so I decided to apply there because I liked it there. I handed in my application to this cute guy (later known as husband) who promptly took it back to the owner and informed him that he had to hire me because he thought I was hot. I got hired, we worked the morning shift together pretty much every day, and started dating 3 months later. He told me not too long ago that he knew he was going to marry me the moment he met me. Awwww, how cute and sappy is he? Very.

I graduated with my Masters in Public Administration in May 2005. I was originally planning on going to law school, but was broke and could not afford to take the LSAT, application fees to different schools, etc., but still wanted to get another degree so I decided to take the GRE and got in to the only program I applied to. It was hard work, but I'm glad I did it. And I'm even more glad that I'm done.

I am the oldest child in my family. I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me and a sister who is 7 years younger than me. They are both awesome. So are my mom and dad. I love my family very much and am glad we're not too disfunctional.

These are what I think are the most important things to know about me. There are lots of other things, but I think I'll save those for when I have enough readers to do a 100 Things list.

3 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so totally enough readers to do a 100 Things list. But I will accept this as a down payment until you have time to write one.

 
At 6/05/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I met my hubby and started dating him in a similar way. Working together is the best way to get to know one another.

I have been wanting to do the 100 things list too, but I don't think I could come up with that many. I gotta get working on it...

 
At 2/08/2007 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I linked to you from Vicki's website. I haven't gotten very far in your blog and then found some strange ironies. My daughter's name is Jessie also, just Jessie. She is named after her paternal great-grandfather and like you was going to be named Jessie if she were boy or girl. Her biological father died when she was 5...she is 8 now. Ok, I am going to read on.....but just had to comment on the ironies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home